ins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion contains all of Trinity’s features plus:
- Civil war has erupted within the TEC, Advent and Vasari races; customize your faction and unlock new options by declaring yourself loyalist or rebel.
- Updated graphics bring Sins of a Solar Empire to life as never before, with new particle effects, enhanced textures, and improved shading.
- Six massive Titans enter the fray - each with upgradable special abilities - giving loyalist and rebel factions a way to eliminate their foes.
- Three new capital ships bring immediate options to the table, offering even greater strategic depth; while existing capital ships have been rebalanced for their roles.
- New technologies grant loyalist and rebel factions new ways to advance towards the ultimate victory!
- New corvette class ships use their enhanced speed and maneuverability to weave through the battlefield, inflicting damage to enemy ships’ systems.
- AI enhancements make single-player games more fun and challenging than ever.
- Multiplayer optimizations for Ironclad Online make getting games set up simple.
- New victory conditions provide multiple paths towards becoming emperor of the galaxy.
- Explore the epic scale of a dynamic 3D galaxy featuring planets, asteroids, plasma storms, stars and more.
- Take on multiple roles as you seamlessly transition between the role of emperor and fleet commander using Sins’ unique strategic zoom.
- Extensive diplomatic and economic strategies are yours to wield to your advantage. Forge alliances, establish powerful Pacts with allies to open up new bonuses, setup trade between empires and more. Use Pirates to take out over-powered tyrants.
- Fight epic battles with hundreds of ships on-screen at once, with up to 10,000 particles firing off in full-out combat.
- Seamlessly zoom in and out, from looking at a one-man fighter to viewing your entire empire spanning billions of kilometers of space.
- Defend your worlds by constructing massive starbases, deploying minefields, and researching advanced defense technologies.
- Create strong alliances and gain powerful pact bonuses using the all new Diplomacy system.
- Bribe or hire Pirates to wipe out your opponents, but beware, the Pirates get more powerful over time and can be used against you!
- Play online with up to 10 opponents via Ironclad Online.
The reviews are in!
EDITORS' CHOICE - GameSpy
"Scroll smoothly from a single fighter out to a god's-eye view of a cluster of stars gives an unmatched sense of scale."
EDITORS' CHOICE - PC Gamer
"Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will happily strip-mine your life of its free time."
"Rebellion is the best way yet to experience the strategic joys of the Sins of a Solar Empire franchise."
"...this is the ultimate version of Sins of a Solar Empire, this is a very good 4X space strategy game..."
Quarter to Three
"Rebellion is nearly as revolutionary with its new subfactions, and it’s easily as revolutionary with its new victory conditions."
Which race is the best in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion?